History of St. Frances Xavier Cabrini

Blossoming from humble beginnings in November 1947, and with only six original families, St. Frances Xavier Cabrini Church as grown into a diverse, spiritually active community of 1,600+ families. Fr. John Tahany, the founding pastor, constructed a church of brick with the help of his bricklayer brother and the generous support of the Catholic Extension Society. The church seats 200 people.

With the recent explosive growth of the YucaipaCalimesa area, a parish hall was built in 1991, only to come to serve as an alternate church since 1995. St. Frances is one of the few parishes in the Diocese that has existed for more than 50 years with only two pastors. The second is Fr. Ken Jenkins. In the near future, construction of a new church building is planned to better serve the entire community of the Yucaipa Valley.